From San Francisco: Take Highway 101 north across the Golden Gate Bridge, exit at the first Sausalito exit (Alexander Avenue) and take the winding road down the hill to Bridgeway. Bridgeway follows the shoreline around and enters Sausalito, continue to the center of town, there will be a small park with an ornamental fountain, take the right hand turn at the north end of the park (Anchor Dr.). Follow Anchor Drive out to the Spinnaker and the start line.
From Marin County and Points North: From Highway 101 south toward Sausalito, take the Marin City/Sausalito exit. Turn left at the first light and go east under the freeway. Turn right at the signal just beyond the freeway and continue approximately 2.5 miles to downtown Sausalito. Make a left onto Anchor Drive immediately after the Bank of America. Follow Anchor Drive out to the Spinnaker and the start line.
Getting to the Race by Car:
Printable Driving Map to The start at the Spinnaker: ( pdf ) ( jpeg )
On-line Maps: ( Google Maps ) ( Yahoo Maps ) ( MapQuest )
PARKING AND ROAD CLOSURES
Golden Gate Bridge Roadway Lanes
• Beginning at midnight, the roadway lanes of the Golden Gate Bridge, Doyle Drive and 19th Avenue will all be reconfigured to accommodate the Amgen Tour of California Bicycle Racers.
• These roadways will remain OPEN throughout this transition and throughout the Race.
• From midnight to approximately 10:30 am, the Golden Gate Bridge lane configuration will be:
• Two southbound traffic lanes
• Two northbound traffic lanes
• Two lanes (the two eastern most lanes) will be closed
• to accommodate the Amgen Tour of California
• By approximately 10:30am, the Bridge roadway will be returned to three northbound lanes and three southbound lanes.
Golden Gate Bridge NORTH END CLOSURES
• Northbound Vista Point exit and the Vista Point parking lot will be closed from midnight to approximately 10:30am.
• The portion of Conzelman Road that passes under the north approach viaduct of the Bridge will remain OPEN ONLY to bicyclists and pedestrians, as it always is.
• Northwest side parking lot (off Conzelman Road) will be CLOSED throughout the event.
• Alexander Avenue CLOSURES
• Alexander Avenue will be closed (from the exit at the Golden Gate Bridge to the Sausalito City limits) to vehicle traffic from 6 am to approximately 10:30am
• Alexander Avenue will remain open only to bicycle and pedestrian traffic during this time.
• Alexander Avenue will re-open to vehicles by approximately 10:30am.
Golden Gate Bridge SOUTH END CLOSURES
• Last northbound San Francisco exit off Doyle Drive, just before the GGB toll plaza, will be closed from midnight to approximately 10:30am.
• The visitors parking areas at the south end of the Bridge will be closed from midnight to approximately 10:30am.
• Southbound Merchant Road/25th Avenue Exit, right after the toll plaza, will remain OPEN. However, the intersection of Merchant Road and Lincoln Boulevard will be CLOSED from about 7:30am to 10:30am.
• Northbound Doyle Drive and 19th Avenue (heading north from San Francisco)
• Northbound Doyle Drive will have two traffic lanes which is the normal weekend/holiday configuration.
• Northbound 19th Avenue will both be reduced to one northbound lane near the Bridge after midnight.
• Doyle Drive and 19th Avenue will be returned to normal lane configuration by about 10:30am.