Online sales no longer available...you can purchase tickets at the event!
This is your opportunity to participate in the first bike race ever to cross the Golden Gate Bridge!
At the start of Stage Two, on February 16, 2009, a limited number of VIP cyclists will have the opportunity of a lifetime: to pedal across the Golden Gate Bridge, following cycling legend Lance Armstrong -- 7-time winner of the Tour de France -- and the ATOC peloton. This is an historic ride – no bike race has ever crossed the bridge before and you can be a part of it!
The cost to follow Lance Armstrong* & an internationally acclaimed peloton of professional riders across the Golden Gate Bridge: Priceless!
A Ride to Remember Opportunity: $500.00
The first 75 VIP Bridge Riders receive a commemorative bike jersey. All registered entrants will receive two complimentary tickets to the Biker’s Brunch in Sausalito ($50 value) where the full Stage Two can be watched live on big screen TV.
Proceeds from this Sausalito fundraiser will help underwrite the expense of hosting the Race as well as support our beneficiaries – Sausalito Bikes for Kids, Trips for Kids and the Marin County Bicycle Coalition.
SIGN UP NOW and secure one of these coveted slots.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER: Click here to download waiver form.
All participants must sign this waiver and provide it to organizers. Include a copy with your application form. If you are registering online, send the waiver to:
325 Pine Street
Sausalito, CA 94965
or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• VIP cyclists will gather in Downtown Sausalito** prior to the ATOC Start of Stage Two and ride up to Vista Point where a quick photo session will capture the moment, after which the VIP riders will follow the professional teams across the bridge.
• Cyclists will be riding south ON the Bridge in an actual car lane.
• VIP Riders will exit the Bridge and congregate in the East Parking Lot. Further details on the end of the ride and return to Sausalito will be forthcoming.
• All VIP participants must be experienced cyclists.
• VIP cyclists must provide their own bicycles, helmets and necessary gear. All VIP cyclists must enter and exit the Bridge lanes as instructed by Bridge and CHP officials, keeping to the posted start and finish times: NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Waivers, insurance documents, disclaimers and more details regarding cycling guidelines for this ride will be provided upon receipt of your application.
*Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer and other world-class cyclists are scheduled to participate in the 2009 ATOC, but athletes are always subject to change.
**VIP riders may start their ride from Vista Point if they choose not to climb Alexander Avenue
For more information contact:
Sausalito Parks and Recreation
415.289.4152 or call the Race Hotline 415.289.4109
Email VIPRide@TourofCalifornia-Sausalito.com or
Bill Stephens at email@example.com or Sausalito Parks & Recreation 415.289.4152,
or call the Race Hotline 415.289.4109.
Click here for a flyer to post in your bike shop or business location or to hand out to interested potential VIP cyclists.
Click here for an application form for your opportunity of a lifetime!